1-Bowl Pumpkin Bread
So excited to share this simple 1-Bowl Vegan AND Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread with you guys!It starts with the vegan miracle – flax eggs.
- 1 ½ Tbsp flaxseed meal (to make flax eggs)
- 4 Tbsp water (to make flax eggs)
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp mashed ripe banana (primarily for binding)
- 2/3 cup packed coconut sugar (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 heaping cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 heaping cup Almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 3 Tbsp raw pepitas (I mixed in a couple pecans)
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl by mixing flaxseed meal and water and let rest for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Prepare loaf pan by lightly greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- To the flax eggs, add pumpkin, mashed banana, agave or maple syrup, and olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Next, add brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk.
- Add water and whisk again.
- Add oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour blend and stir. If it appears too wet, add in another couple Tbsp of oats or GF flour blend. It should be semi-thick and pourable (see photo).
- Scoop into loaf pan and top with raw pepitas (and/or pecans).
- Bake for 40-47 minutes or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for at least 20 minutes and then gently transfer to a plate to cool.
- Let cool completely before slicing, preferably several hours. Otherwise, it can be a bit crumbly.
- Also, slice gently, as it’s rather tender.
- Once cooled, store in a covered container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature to keep fresh. Freeze after that to keep fresh for up to one month.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 4.5gFat: 9.5gSaturated Fat: 1.4gSodium: 100mgFiber: 4.3gSugar: 12.6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!