High Protein Chocolate Frosted Cake
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground golden flax
- 1 large banana
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened plant milk
- 2-4 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup chocolate sprinkles chips optional
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp date syrup
- 1-2 tbsp plant milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.Blend all the cake ingredients in a blender or food processer until smooth – itblends very quickly. You can start with 2 dates, taste and add more to adjustsweetness.I used a 9”x 9” glass baking dish which I oiled at the bottom and side with a littleavocado oil. The cake is quite thin, only a little over an inch tall. At first, I thoughtI’d be disappointed in it, but it was so delicious I really didn’t care. You could use asmaller dish for a thicker cake if you’d like which may add a few minutes to thecooking time.Bake the cake for 25 minutes. The original recipe said 25-30 minutes, but it wasperfect in my oven after 25. A toothpick should come out clean.Let the cake fully cool before frosting. You can place the frosting in therefrigerator as well.
- The picture shows a frothy concoction that was a first for me. I use a lot ofchickpeas in my kitchen, and I have to admit I’ve always wanted to try makingaquafaba. It is simply the liquid of the chickpeas blended on high until it looks likemeringue. While the cake was cooking, I decided to give it a try.It’s simply the liquid plus 1/8 to ¼ tsp of cream of tartar for thickening.I also added a little monk fruit sugar (1-2 Tbsp) to cut the “bean” flavor.Just blend the mixture for 2-3 minutes until it looks exactly like meringue.If serving guests wait until you’re ready to eat before making it as it starts toseparate. It does add a sophisticated look to the presentation.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Instagram presented this to me however, and it just seemed worth a try.
I want to thank @broccoli_mum for an inspired recipe free of the bad things yet
positively delicious. As usual, I made a few tweaks, but she deserves the credit for