Cabbage is a fun vegetable. It’s part of the cruciferous family, making it extremely healthy due to its antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. Its crunchy texture makes it a nice diversion from softer lettuce salads. Another nice benefit is that cabbage “keeps” in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks. I always have one in my veggie drawer. In this recipe it’s teamed with other healthy vegetables, nuts and oils.Enjoy!
- 1 small to medium head of organic red cabbage thinly sliced (or use half red and half green cabbage)
- 8 sliced organic radishes
- 1 grated organic carrot
- 3 organic green apples diced
- 1 stalk organic celery chopped
- ½ cup of chopped organic walnuts or pecans
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. of organic olive oil
- 2 tsp. of organic vinegar
- 1 tsp. of organic lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and allow to sit for an hour, stirring once or twice to soften cabbage.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!