Easy Raw Energy Bites
There are a lot of fruit and nut bars on the market. They have good ingredients but the liability of packaging is that I find that often the nuts have gone bad. Training your taste buds to detect what a rancid oil tastes like is a good skill because rancid oils are dangerous. More on that later… This recipe is one you can make at home allowing for as much variety as you like. You can change up the type of dried fruit, nuts or nut butter you use. It’s a quick, easy, fun recipe and the bites are packed with protein and healthy fat. is a delicious, raw, vegan recipe for energy bites!
- 1 cup of organic dates
- 1 cup of organic raw pecans
- 1/2 cup of organic shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp of organic peanut butter no sugar added
- 1 Tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of organic vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Soak dates in hot water for at least 10 mins.
- Drain dates and add them to your food processor.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a dough. Roll into 12 small balls and refrigerate. That’s it!
- Tip: You can always change it up by using different ingredients such as walnuts, raisins or prunes. You can even roll the energy bites in crushed sunflower seeds or raw cacao.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!