Vegan, Gluten-free, Sugar-free and Delicious!Pancakes just scream breakfast, although I know some people who partake for dinner on occasion. There’s something special about pancakes that elevates breakfast. It’s probably the fact that they are a bit laborious to make or that one usually enjoys them at a restaurant. Unfortunately, traditional pancakes are loaded with gluten, milk, sugar and eggs. For those with gluten reactions there really hasn’t been a decent alternative. I’ve have tried some recipes in the past but they were gluey and far from fluffy or delicious. But imagine a pancake that isn’t just healthy for you but delicious AND easy, AND fast! Now we have a winner. All you need to do is throw a few ingredients into your blender and you’re ready. You can top with organic berries of your choice, stevia chocolate chips, bananas, hemp seeds, cinnamon, etc. Also consider throwing some fruit or chocolate chips in the pancake before you flip it. Let us know the combinations you come up with and how you enjoy these super easy yet healthy pancakes.
- 1 heaping cup organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup non-dairy unsweetened organic milk
- 1 ripe organic banana
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp organic cinnamon
- Small amount of organic avocado oil for cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes, giving the oats time to absorb the liquid and thicken.
- Preheat a pan over medium high heat and add a scant teaspoon of oil. Once hot, pour in about ¼ cup of batter.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until you can easily slide a spatula underneath.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Add your toppings of choice and enjoy.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!