We put a healthy twist to the regular carrot soup recipe by using non-dairy alternative to make it creamy. Coconut milk is rich in electrolytes and can assist in weight loss. Most canned coconut milk contains a combination of thin and thick milk. It’s also very easy to make your own coconut milk at home, adjusting the thickness to your liking.
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 12 pcs large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 pcs medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp crushed fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp of dried ginger)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large soup pot saute the garlic and red onion in avocado oil until fragrant.
- Add the fresh ginger and spices to the pot and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes, carrots, coconut milk and broth to the pot and simmer for roughly 30 minutes, or until the veggies can be pierced with a fork.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is well combined. Alternatively, transfer the soup to a high-speed blender.
- Garnish with soup with dairy free sour cream or pepitas!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!