We put a healthy twist to the regular carrot soup recipe by using non-dairy alternative to make it creamy. Coconut milk is rich in electrolytes and can assist in weight loss. Most canned coconut milk contains a combination of thin and thick milk. It’s also very easy to make your own coconut milk at home, adjusting the thickness to your liking.
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 12 pcs large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 pcs medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp crushed fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp of dried ginger)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large soup pot saute the garlic and red onion in avocado oil until fragrant.
- Add the fresh ginger and spices to the pot and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes, carrots, coconut milk and broth to the pot and simmer for roughly 30 minutes, or until the veggies can be pierced with a fork.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is well combined. Alternatively, transfer the soup to a high-speed blender.
- Garnish with soup with dairy free sour cream or pepitas!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Very flavorful and delicious! Used fresh thyme, olive oil but otherwise followed exact recipe – turned out great!
So glad to hear that, Rebecca!