Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad
This'll probably the most patriotic salad you'll ever see, or taste! See those star shaped peaches? This is a great recipe to make with kids! Consider this your short and sweet kitchen time together. Use various sized star cookie-cutters to get your "stars"Warning: Your little helpers might be eating fruit pieces along the way!Thanks to www.threeolivesbranch.com for this recipe!
- Trim the strawberry tops off and cut into bite sized pieces (4 pieces for a typical strawberry). Add the strawberries to a large bowl.
- Add the blueberries to the strawberries.
- Cut slices off of a whole peach on one side, approximately 1/4 inch thick (or as thick as you want the peach stars to be). Repeat cutting sliced off of the opposite side of the peach. Repeat with all peaches.
- Use a star cookie cutter to cut out white stars from the slices of white flesh peaches. Add the stars to the fruit bowl. (You can choose to cut up the remaining pieces of the white peaches if desired to add to the fruit salad, or save them to use in other recipes or as a snack).
- Make the dressing by combining the orange juice, orange zest, coconut sugar, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss to coat. Serve.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!