Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
This version of the classic cauliflower soup is pure comfort in a bowl and not to mention, vegan and gluten free. You can serve this alongside your favorite salad or have it as a quick hunger fix. We love a healthy, easy meal.
- 1 - 2 lbs head organic cauliflower cut into florets (6 cups)
- 2 medium organic russet potatoes peeled and cubed (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped organic sweet onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 - 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, or basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line two 15x10-inch baking pans with foil. Spread cauliflower, potatoes, onion, and garlic evenly in pans. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water. Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned.
- Set aside 2 cups of the roasted vegetables for garnish. Transfer the remaining vegetables to a large pot. Add broth and 3 cups of water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes to blend flavors. Using an immersion blender, blend soup. (Or carefully transfer in batches to a blender. Cover and blend.) Stir in the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the nutmeg, and cayenne.
- Serve soup topped with reserved vegetables, herbs, and black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!