Gluten Free Buckwheat Cereal
Breakfast can be a challenge. If you’re running late yet know you need to eat something for blood sugar stability, or you need something healthy to take along with you for later, this recipe is beyond fast, yet satisfying.There are many smoothie recipes available amongst our recipes but sometimes you want to “chew” something and at certain times of year a cold smoothie just isn’t going to cut it. The thought of making hot cereal may conjure up half an hour or more of stirring and waiting, but not with this recipe. This particular recipe is barely 5 minutes from beginning to end.If you need a very fast breakfast that’s warm, filling and a whole gluten-free grain, try this buckwheat groats breakfast. Let me know how you like it and any variations you come up with.
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1/4 cup organic buckwheat cereal
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- fresh organic almonds or other nut such as pecans or walnuts
- organic raisins
- Add water to a pot and place on high heat
- Add the buckwheat cereal right away plus a pinch of salt
- Stir to mix
- Bring the ingredients to a light boil – this will take a minute if not less.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover for 3-5 minutes or until all water has evaporated – stir once during this time frame.
- Place the buckwheat cereal in a bowl, add the toppings of your choosing plus any dairy-free milk.
Some recipes and videos contain affiliate links for products we use and believe our patients and readers would enjoy. If you purchase such a product via the link we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. It’s similar to a referral fee and helps us to pay the videographer and the grocery bill. Thank you!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!