Thai Zoodle Salad
This is a colorful salad that is incredibly satisfying due to the presence of nuts and nut butter. It is an excellent side dish that can be paired with beans or tofu or some fish if you’re enjoying that occasionally. It’s incredibly fast and easy to make, yet it has an elegance that comes from the complexity and sophistication of the sauce. This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and high in fiber. You can make it your own by adding any vegetables you like and you could also make it nut-free if necessary with sunbutter and utilizing pumpkin or sunflower seeds.If you don’t have a sprializer you can certainly hand cut the zucchini, but a spiralizer is inexpensive and fun to have on hand. Let me know how you enjoy this recipe which is courtesy of our Registered Dietitian.
- 2 organic zucchinis spiralized
- 1 cup shredded organic carrots
- 1 organic bell pepper finely sliced
- 1/2 cup organic peanuts
- 1/4 cup organic green onions chopped
- organic cilantro for garnish
- 3 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut aminos
- 6 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon organic minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Spiralize the zucchini, slice the bell pepper, shred the carrots and chop the green onion.
- In a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut aminos, vegetable broth, garlic and salt.
- If the mixture is too watery, add more peanut butter. If too thick, add more vegetable broth.
- Combine veggies in a bowl, and toss with peanuts and peanut sauce.
- Top with green onion and cilantro
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!