Vegetable Pasta Salad
Fresh and easy pasta salad packed with crisp vegetables and tossed with a simple homemade dressing.Perfect meal for busy people, as you are looking at under 20 minutes prep from start to finish. Not too bad, especially when you can keep it in the fridge for 2 – 3 days!Add extra zest and flavor using lemon-pepper or garlic-sea salt. You may also substitute the chickpeas with edamame. Make this oil-free by subbing the oil with water, lemon, or apple cider vinegar.Make this gluten-free by using gluten-free pastas of choice. Special thanks to www.simple-veganista.com for this awesome healthy meal.
- 16 oz bowtie pasta (or your favorite small pasta)
- 1 pc cucumber, diced
- 1 pc red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 pc orange bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 pc yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can 15 oz chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
Zesty Garlic Lemon Dressing
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as per package instructions
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, dijon, oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Once veggies are prepped, using either a large mixing or serving bowl, or pot the pasta was cooked in, combine the pasta, veggies and dressing, toss well to coat.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours or enjoy as is.
- Spoon into individual bowls and top with a squeeze of lemon and/or a light dusting of Almond Parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!