Wilted Greens Salad
I’ve never been a fan of plain greens. I find that I’m not alone in that opinion. I was surprised to discover my “apparent” dislike was actually the result of two things that could be avoided:the greens being cooked were not organic and fresh.the greens were overcooked, resulting in stringy, “greyish” colored vegetables that were not at all tasty. I made this discovery when I had some leftover greens that I quickly sauteed as the recipe below calls for. Ridiculously simple to make and very, very fast, the only thing that’s required is healthy, organic veggies and the caution to not overcook them. You may be surprised how delicious these are. Please let me know how you like it.Enjoy!
- 6 cups of organic spinach chard, arugula, watercress, mizuna, young beetroot leaves and/or kale
- 1 ½ Tbsp. organic avocado or almond oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced. You can substitute, or add, sliced shallots here as well.
- 1 ½ Tbsp. water
- ½ Tbsp. organic lemon juice* Option: 1-2 teaspoons organic rice wine vinegar
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper
- *If you are on the Modified Elimination Diet avoid citrus
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add garlic after pan has warmed. After 30 seconds, add greens, water, and toss until leaves wilt – 2 to 3 minutes. Greens will be a bright green – do not overcook.
- Add sea salt, black pepper, and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
- Hope you enjoy this delicious Wilted Greens Salad!
- Eat Healthy – Be Healthy!
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!