Zucchini Chickpea Fritters
Zucchini is available all year long for most of us, but summer is an especially fun time to enjoy this veggie. If you plant your own zucchini plants, watching them grow is almost a “Jack and the Beanstalk” moment. Overnight they can literally grow inches. Whether you have a bumper crop or just run over to the grocery store for your zucchini, this healthy veggie (factually it’s a fruit but we treat it as a vegetable) provides vitamins C, A plus folate potassium and a nice amount of fiber. It’s beneficial for heart health and assists with weight loss. Fritters are fun to eat but typically contain gluten, dairy and other unhealthy ingredients. These fritters are healthy, filling and have a nice punch of protein from the chickpeas. Plus they’re easy to make.
- 1 large/2 medium organic zucchini grated
- 1 13- ounce can organic chickpeas rinsed, sautéed for 5 mins in a pan and then mashed with potato masher.
- 2 tablespoons organic chickpea flour I used “garfava” flour – it’s a combination of fava beans and garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons organic almond flour add more if it feels watery
- 1 heaped tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder or paprika to taste – just a shake or two is all you need. I used chili powder.
- 1 clove organic garlic grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 organic red onion finely chopped
- Avocado oil organic, for pan frying
- Add salt to grated zucchini and toss to coat. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then squeeze the water out of it with your hands. Add to medium sized bowl.
- Add mashed chickpeas, chickpea flour, almond flour, nutritional yeast, chili or paprika, garlic, and onion and mix them all together thoroughly.
- Form into patties – they should hold together easily. If too soft, add some more flour.
- Pan fry in avocado oil over medium heat, about 3-5 minutes per side. The fritter should be slightly browned.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!