1-Bowl Pumpkin Bread
So excited to share this simple 1-Bowl Vegan AND Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread with you guys!It starts with the vegan miracle – flax eggs.
- 1 ½ Tbsp flaxseed meal (to make flax eggs)
- 4 Tbsp water (to make flax eggs)
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp mashed ripe banana (primarily for binding)
- 2/3 cup packed coconut sugar (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 heaping cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 heaping cup Almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 3 Tbsp raw pepitas (I mixed in a couple pecans)
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl by mixing flaxseed meal and water and let rest for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Prepare loaf pan by lightly greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- To the flax eggs, add pumpkin, mashed banana, agave or maple syrup, and olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Next, add brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk.
- Add water and whisk again.
- Add oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour blend and stir. If it appears too wet, add in another couple Tbsp of oats or GF flour blend. It should be semi-thick and pourable (see photo).
- Scoop into loaf pan and top with raw pepitas (and/or pecans).
- Bake for 40-47 minutes or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for at least 20 minutes and then gently transfer to a plate to cool.
- Let cool completely before slicing, preferably several hours. Otherwise, it can be a bit crumbly.
- Also, slice gently, as it’s rather tender.
- Once cooled, store in a covered container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature to keep fresh. Freeze after that to keep fresh for up to one month.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 4.5gFat: 9.5gSaturated Fat: 1.4gSodium: 100mgFiber: 4.3gSugar: 12.6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!