Banana Nut Protein Smoothie
This is a protein-packed smoothie that will leave you satisfied for hours. Ingredients such as almonds, brazil nuts and cinnamon are known to lower blood sugar, reduce cholesterol, protect your heart and are rich in antioxidants. They are also anti-inflammatory so other than throwing in a big handful of baby spinach or kale, this smoothie is hard to beat. Finally, it’s thick and rich and so delicious you could call it a chocolate milkshake and no one would know how healthy it was!
- 8 oz. of organic almond milk
- 1 organic banana
- 2 scoops of protein powder or 1 scoop vanilla Sun Warrior, 1 scoop chocolate Garden of Life
- 3-5 Brazil Nuts
- 1 – 2 Tbsp of organic almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of cacao powder
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp of coconut sugar if needed
- Alternative sweetener: Stevia
- Blend together until smooth and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!