Blueberry Chia Pudding
Want something healthy and sweet?This vegan version of Blueberry Chia Pudding is the perfect nutrient-packed breakfast!The antioxidants in chia and blueberry play an incredibly important role in brain health because they help fight oxidative stress, improve memory and cognition, and prevent cognitive decline.It’s super easy to make and delicious, on top of it all vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.Thanks to @cookathomemom for this recipe!
- 6 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest Whatever you do, don’t skip the zest. It really brings out the flavor of the blueberries!
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Add the berries to a food processor or blender and pulse with the lemon zest until broken down. Alternately, you can simply mash the berries with a fork. For a smoother texture, blend the berries, zest, and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the blueberry mixture, almond milk, and chia seeds to a bowl and stir, mixing well with a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. The chia seeds will have absorbed a lot of the liquid and it will have the consistency of pudding.
- Give it a stir and serve, topping with a scoop of yogurt, extra blueberries or any other toppings you enjoy.
Storage: Store chia pudding in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. The best chia seed to liquid ratio is 1:4. Use 1 tablespoon chia seeds for every 1/4 cup of milk, or 1/4 cup chia seeds for every cup of milk.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!