Freezer Fudge Cups
Sometimes the best snacks need just a few ingredients. This is a healthy, chocolatey treat that you can make your own by adding fresh fruit, nuts or whatever toppings you want! We used chia seeds, peanuts, and goji berries! This is a more adult dessert from the viewpoint that it’s not particularly sweet. If you’re serving it to children, or adults who are trying to eat healthier but still need some sweet, simply adjust the date syrup to your taste.
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened peanut almond butter or sunbutter if you’re avoiding nuts
- 2 Tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic cacao powder – you can consider adding more to enhance the “chocolate” taste.
- 2 Tablespoons organic date syrup – you can adjust how much you use to your taste buds or for those you’re serving. Just taste and add more as needed.
- Melt nut butter and coconut oil in a small pot over low heat.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cacao powder and date syrup, whisk until well combined.
- Taste and adjust cacao powder and date syrup as required.
- Pour mixture into a lined cupcake pan.
- Top with whatever toppings you have; we used chia seeds, peanuts, and goji berries!
- Freeze for 30 minutes. Enjoy fresh from the freezer – they tend to melt quickly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!