Gluten Dairy Free Recipe Chili – Organic and Delicious!
This Chili is one of my family’s favorites. It’s warming on a cold day but equally enjoyed with some cold avocado or guacamole on top during the warmer days. It is so easy to prepare, delicious, and a nice source of plant-based protein. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. It also freezes beautifully if you want to double the recipe.
- 2– 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 organic carrots sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups chopped organic onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder use less if you’re serving children or adults that like milder food
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder use less if you’re serving children or adults that like milder food
- 6 cups of cooked organic beans navy, black, pinto, kidney or mixed
- 26 oz. can chopped organic tomatoes
- 1 package of Quorn chik’n tenders optional
- 2 cups finely chopped organic kale
- Salt to taste
- Cook onion in oil until transparent, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and herbs and let combine with onion for about a minutes.
- Next add chopped carrots and combine.
- Now add to the pot 6 cups of beans with liquid (do not drain beans).
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and juice.
- Adjust saltiness to taste.
- Lastly add the chopped kale and quorn if you’re using it.
- Cook together on medium heat covered for 20-25 minutes, until everything is warmed through and cooked.Adjust seasoning.
- Serve over organic cooked brown rice if desired.
Buon Appetito! Dr Vikki Petersen
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!