Kale Pesto Pasta
Do you miss pesto? All that cheese over gluten-filled pasta? This recipe will make you so happy—and it’s incredibly healthy with superfood kale, garlic, walnuts and olive oil. Serve it to your dairy and gluten lovers… they’ll never know they’re eating gluten-free and vegan and they’ll never guess they’re eating kale!
- 1 box of gluten-free Jovial pasta whatever shape you like
- 1 bunch of organic kale
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4– 1/2 cup organic cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of organic walnuts
- 1/4– 1/3 cup of Daiya mozzarella cheese optional
- In a large pasta pot, add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water and bring it to a boil. Once water is boiling, add pasta. Follow box instructions for cooking time.
- While pasta is cooking, steam kale in a shallow saucepan with a little water on the bottom, covered until it’s wilted. This should take only 2 minutes and kale should look bright green.
- Add the kale to the Cuisenart food processor (or blender) along with the garlic, nuts and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Blend until smooth. Add more olive oil as needed. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Add the Daiya cheese if using it.
- Drain pasta, return it to the hot pot and add pesto. Stir until fully combined and it’s ready to serve.
- Note: you can make extra pesto and it freezes beautifully.
Buon Appetito! Dr Vikki Petersen
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!