Gluten-free Chocolate Drop Almond Butter Cookies
A patient is responsible for allowing my daughter and I to create this recipe. The patient asked if I couldn’t please come up with a healthy version of peanut butter sugar cookies with a Hershey’s kiss in the middle.I think most of us have seen such cookies and you can imagine all the refined sugar, white flour and dairy products the traditional ones contain. I was very excited to do some research and end up with this very easy, grain-free, refined sugar-free recipe that is moist and delicious.I hope this will be a new favorite cookie recipe. You can substitute fruit-sweetened jam for the chocolate if you like.Please let me know how you enjoy these.Buon Appetito!
- 2 cups organic almond flour
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup organic almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon organic almond milk or other vegan milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Big chunks of dairy-free chocolate chips. You can also make your own sugar free chocolate. Lily’s chocolate chips is sweetened with stevia.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together almond flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and coconut sugar.
- In a small saucepan add almond butter, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla on low-medium heat. Stir until fully combined. This shouldn’t take more than 3 or 4 minutes.
- Pour the warm mixture into a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients and combine with a spoon to ensure there are no lumps.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon at a time and form into a ball and place on your baking sheet. The cookies will not spread much while cooking.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the cookies look set and just begin to crack.
- As soon as your remove the cookies from the oven, press one (or two!) chunks of chocolate into the middle of each one.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy the deliciousness you have made!
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Inspired by: https://joyfoodsunshine.com/almond-butter-blossom-cookies/?utm_content=buffer1e97c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!