Kale, Quinoa and Avocado Salad
Organic Kale, Quinoa and Avocado Salad If you’re trying to eat a satisfying meal that is extremely healthy, requires little to no stove time and will make your body very happy, try this salad. Finding a salad that can truly suffice as a meal, even if you’re an adult active male, can be tricky, but this one definitely fits the bill. It’s extremely filling and healthy and yes, this is based on testing.Hint: when I cook quinoa or Quorn, I frequently make extra so that I can have some on hand for these great salads. When you say “salad” to most Americans they think of iceberg lettuce, perhaps a slice of tomato and some cucumber. It’s definitely the opposite of filling unless it’s drenched in a fatty dressing such as Ranch – the opposite of healthy, for sure.In this salad we have all the very best ingredients and they combine to make a very satisfying meal. You can alter the amount of ingredients you’re using to suit who you are feeding, but I give approximations below to get you started.Let me know how you enjoy it!
- 1 cup organic kale shredded
- 1/2 to 1 organic carrots cut in thin slices
- 1/2 - 1 cup organic Red cabbage shredded
- 1 organic green onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cooked organic tri-color organic quinoa. Cook according to package directions.
- 1 -1 1/2 organic cucumber sliced thin
- 2 to 3 organic cremini mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Quorn Chik'n nuggets or 1/2 can organic black beans. Quorn can be cooked in just a few minutes - follow the package instructions.
- 1/3 organic avocado chopped
- Top with a sprinkle of organic hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dr. Vikki's Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic extra-virgin cold-pressed Olive oil
- 1 organic garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- Combine the ingredients and shake well. Can be refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Place the quinoa at the bottom of the bowl with a little drizzle of dressing, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Add more dressing, salt and pepper to taste.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!