Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
I love ice cream. I like it a little softened, but not soupy, how about you? And of course, chocolate is the best, but of course I’m a chocoholic! But if you’re trying to eat healthfully and feed your family that way, traditional ice cream is really a bad idea. It’s full of cow’s milk which creates so many health issues digestively speaking, not to mention its association with inflammation, respiratory problems, weight gain and increased cancer incidence. Then there’s all the sugar found in traditional ice cream. You can easily exceed your daily sugar grams by three times in a single serving of store bought ice cream, and that’s plain flavors. Get a little fancy with cookies, caramel, fudge, etc and you’re really in the danger zone. Good news! If you’re looking for a healthy ice cream that’s not filled with refined sugar and dairy, we’ve got you covered. This recipe is made with whole foods and plant-based ingredients that are good for you! It’s rich and satisfying, without any of the bad ingredients inherent in traditional ice cream. This chocolatey ice cream is a favorite among grownups and kids. Enjoy!Note: you can take the base of this ice cream and create a variety of flavors such as banana, berry and more. Let you imagination create a variety of flavors.
- 4 organic avocados
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 8 Tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 10 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 organic pitted dates
- Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. This will allow the cream and the liquid to separate
- Remove pits from dates and place in a bowl. Add enough warm water to cover the dates and let them soak for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the avocados and transfer to a food processor. Add the pitted dates, maple syrup, cacao powder, and the cream layer from the can of coconut milk.
- Blend until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment lined 8×8 square baking dish and freeze for 8 hours.
- Scoop the ice cream with an ice cream scooper and serve with berries, chocolate chips, and/or coconut flakes.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!