Butternut Squash Salad
You are probably going to want to volunteer to bring salad everytime a potluck comes up because this salad is just pure stress-free perfection. We made a hearty batch for our staff and it was all gone in a few minutes! This is going to become one of your favorite salads!
- 6 cups kale chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (1 can is 16 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 medium butternut squash sliced into half-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the butternut squash and chickpeas in a single layer out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss the squash with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Roast the veggies for 40-45 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Transfer the chopped kale into a larger bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt over the kale. Massage the kale with your hands until the leaves grow darker in color.
- Allow the squash and chickpeas to cool before adding to the kale. Sprinkle pepitas over the mixture and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!