Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble with Veggies
This fast and easy vegan tofu scramble with veggies is an incredibly healthy breakfast that will keep you satisfied for hours. Note that not everyone tolerates soy, so be sure you do before making this a staple in your diet. Further, even if soy is fine for you, purchasing only organic soy products is critical. Over 90% of the soy in the U.S. is GMO and should therefore be avoided at all costs. Buying organic will avoid any GMO contamination. I have a soy-free suggestion that will work nicely as well in this recipe – see below.
- 8 ounces organic soft tofu – you can also use firm tofu. Note: if you’re avoiding soy you can try the Quorn chik’n tenders product. It’s a mushroom protein cooks very quickly and would be a great substitute.
- 2 -3 tsp. organic tea seed oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium organic shallot diced
- 1/2 large organic red pepper diced
- 2 cups organic spinach or kale roughly chopped
- Note: You can substitute mushrooms broccoli or any organic healthy veggie for the pepper or add more veggies – your choice!.
- Scant 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. organic cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp. organic gluten-free chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. organic turmeric- don’t leave this out. It’s an incredibly health spice plus it gives the tofu a nice golden color resembling eggs when the dish is served.
- Pat tofu dry and roll in paper towels giving it a little squeeze to get out the excess moisture. Let it sit for a few minutes while you are preparing the veggies. Change out the paper towels with dry ones and give another little squeeze to remove the last of the excess moisture. Let it sit in the paper towel while you do the next steps.
- Place all the spices plus the salt in a small bowl. Add about ½ to ¾ cup water and mix well with a fork or whisk. Set the sauce aside.
- Chop veggies. Note to cut rib out of kale if you’re using it.
- Place skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shallot and red pepper and cook until shallot is transparent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper.
- Add spinach or kale and cover to wilt the greens for 2 minutes.
- Unwrap the tofu and use your hands or a fork to crumble into small pieces, resembling cooked scrambled eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon, move the veggies to one side of the pan and add the tofu to the empty half. Add the sauce, pouring it over the tofu, mixing them well and allowing the tofu and sauce to heat through. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring the veggies and tofu together to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- I hope you enjoy this easy vegan tofu scramble with veggies.
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!