Golden Milk Smoothie
Golden milk is an ayurvedic medicine recipe (anti-inflammatory and immune boosting); traditionally it is prepared as a milk and served warm before bed to aid in sleep and the body’s overnight restorative/repair process (patients can omit the banana, almond butter, flax, and ice and they are left with a nice golden milk recipe that can be heated in a saucepan on the stove top).Serves 1-2
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk or other unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or other nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper*
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup or ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- 4-5 ice cubes
- *black pepper helps the body readily absorb the turmeric
- Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings and sweeteners to taste.
- Note: For a thicker smoothie, feel free to add another ½ banana and/or additional almond butter (add by 1 tablespoon) and/or additional ice
NotesIs Your Health At Its Optimum?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above—contact us for a consultation. Call (727) 335-0400 to schedule. Our medical clinic is located in Clearwater, FL. If you are not local to us, our medical team treats patients from across the country and internationally via telemedicine consultations. We help you find the underlying root cause of your health issues. To your health,
Dr. Vikki Petersen
IFM Certified Practitioner
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Author of the books:
“The Gluten Effect”
"Hiatal Hernia Syndrome",
and of the e-book “Gluten Intolerance – What You Don’t Know May Be Killing You!”
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummy Rich Recipes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!