Sweet Potato Alfredo Pasta
Alfredo pasta that’s gluten-free, grain-free and healthyPasta alfredo was my favorite in my gluten, dairy eating days. I always felt terrible after eating eat, but wasn’t really aware enough in those days to realize the association. Leaving gluten and dairy behind, I felt my alfredo days were behind me. Our clever registered dietician found a way to create a healthy version. This creamy, luscious and satisfing alfredo pasta has no dairy, gluten, or grains. Plus it’s high in protein, courtesy of the bean based pasta. It boasts healthy sweet potatoes, rich in antioxidants, plus it’s filling and truly delicious. It’s fast and easy to make, so coming home a little late won’t prevent you from enjoying this fun meal. Let us know how you enjoy!
- 1 box Banza pasta elbow shape or penne
- 1 steamed or boiled medium to large organic sweet potato
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup organic veggie broth
- 2 teaspoons organic oregano
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon organic extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic lemon juice
- Bring the water to a boil for the pasta and sweet potato separately. Salt the pasta water.
- Chop potato into 1/2 – 1 inch cubes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain in a colander when done.
- Steam or boil potato for 15-20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Take remaining ingredients, add to a medium bowl and mix together with a whisk until fully combined.
- Drain cooked potato and add to bowl, stirring to combined.
- Add strained pasta and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!